Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Groove Train - Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast



How may franchise restaurants have you been to and see come and go. Quite often the food is just so-so and the service wanting. I’m discounting here the Mc Donalds and KCFs of the world and talking more about better franchise restaurants. I have never been to The Groove Train but while spending some time on the Gold Coast dropped in for a quick lunch. My young daughter had been to The Groove Train in Melbourne and said it was good. She is experienced restaurant goer so I knew this should be an exciting experience.

Three of us had a very nice meal at the restaurant which had an excellent view of the busy street below in the heart of Surfers. The Surfers store was on the first level where it was light and airy. I had a few of the house reds which were OK with the Moroccan lamb. The lamb itself, tender and juicy. My daughter ordered a main meal with a side of chicken. This was no problem at all for the waiter who was helpful and engaging. We were very pleased with the service, ambiance (casual and relaxed) and the food? Well I’d go back to ride the train again.

No comments:

Post a Comment