Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lobster Cave - Beaumaris

I was born and raised in Beaumaris. I went to Beauy State and High school so the Concourse shopping centre is familiar stomping ground. As far back as I can remember the Lobster Cave restaurant has existed on the Concourse. I always remember the restaurant as a dark place, not one which is bright, open and airy. I have eaten here a number of times in the past both with my parents and friends.

On a recent visit to this long established fine dinning house I got a pleasant surprised. It is a deep restaurant with little to no natural light entering but entering the Lobster Cave this time I got the feeling I was in for something special. It is not like I remember and is now totally modern inside. You can eat on the street but moving inside has you looking at the modern decor. Large original art works adorn the walls and a huge fish tank help divide the eating areas in two.

The wait staff and smartly dressed, very friendly and wait you hand and foot. BYO wine can be take and there is no corkage. We went for the $20 lunch special. I was not expecting much for my "20" and though a salad entree does not have me salivating it was quite nice. The Linguini with Atlantic Salmon and lemon caper butter which followed though was delicious. A big plate of soft linguini and a generous amount of tender salmon throughout. Chef knows what he is doing here. The White Wine & Apple Sorbet and berry coulis which followed was excellent. With coffee came a complimentary coffee (alcohol free - I think) shot.

I could not fault the whole experience. What I was served for my "20" was excellent value. I couldn't image any way to improve this lunch-time fine-dining "deal". The fact you can take your own wine and get full service for what I believe must be the best value anywhere makes this a no-brainer. Don't think about it-do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment