Wednesday, March 30, 2011

La Bel' Amici - Frankston

This restaurant has now changed hands and is called "beach 162". A review will follow. 

There are a few good spots for brekky in Frankston and Mornington. Boys in Main Street Mornington is extremely good but always full (even a line down the street) or Boys at Manyung (at least not the cue). Both "Boys" are a little more expensive and harder to get into than La Bel' Amici . Once a nursery and now a cafe, situated on Beach Street Frankston, La Bel' Amici is quaint, inside or out and does a good brekky.
La Bel' Amici never stopped being nursery but that side of the business is taking a definite back seat. Also they display a little art work, from local artists and even sell some cheap, brand-name knock-offs! They combine a florist too. Not only the big breakfast but a full meal or just cake and coffee if you wish. The food is very good and the coffee always well made. I'm an Eggs Benedict man and though I prefer my poached eggs on grilled sower dough, Amici's version is excellent. My wife loves her mushrooms on toast. And don't forget the coffee. Did I mention the coffee. Well it's great.

La Bel' Amici has recently opened a wood fired pizza section and are now licenced. I've not tried their pizzas to now but should I, I'll fill you in. The out door front area, with its high trees, can suffer a bit from road noise though there is a high fence all around. Inside is my favourite but try both. There is street parking and parking out the back. Also out the back is the shabby remains of the nursery. The owners are lovely people and do their very best to ensure you will enjoy the Amici experience. And try the coffee. Did I mention the coffee. Well it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment