Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rich Curry - Elsternwick Victoria

If asked what is my favorite food style I would have to say Italian. When looking at the amount of Indian food I am eating lately I may have to question myself here. I must admit I’m a sucker for a good curry. Tender lamb in a hot spicy source comes up for order nearly every time. Rich Curry in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick serves up a very nice curry.

The restaurant is situated in a small group of shops and unless you are looking out for it you will definitely miss it. Evidently it has just changed hands, according to one patron, who also said it was one of the best places to dine in the local area. Though on a Thursday evening there were a few tables occupied I would still book. The restaurant is not all that large and don’t expect to enter the Taj Mahal the decor is plain. Service was excellent, warm and friendly but Ruby of India was in jeans. How hard is to slip into a sari.

The food was excellent from the pappadums, nahm bread to my spicy “Josh”. Saffron rice helped soak-up the source which itself was light, fluffy and lightly scented. My friend (Paul) and I both agreed – Nice. Lucky I have a someone who lives nearby who took me here for the first time. This eat house is definitely on the menu. I just feel a little more “India” in the furnishings and staff would add more spice to the experience. It may be the only ingredient to put this small restaurant on the “must do” list. Don’t miss this place, the food very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment