Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thai Restaurant - Somerville

This large Thai restaurant is situated in the Centro shopping centre off Eramosa Road Somerville. There is plenty of parking out front of the restaurant and provided you book ahead you should have no trouble getting in for a feed. After saying that, for two days leading to our night at the restaurant, I rang and left messages for a booking. I was told I would be rung back by the answering service. It never happened but I did get in. I had heard enthusiastic reports about this Thai eat house and was looking forward to it.

Funny when you go to an Italian, Chinese or Thai restaurant you expect to see something from that country or decorations and furnishings that might make you feel “you are there”. Ambience? This joint – nothing. It is large, open and modern but they could have served-up a Hungarian goulash or Moroccan Lamb, the decor was non-descript. Where am I again?? Hey I don’t need to be greeted by a reclining Buda to enjoy Thai food. Bring on the good food for which this place is famous.

Selections are made from a Hogs Breath style menu. Entree was ordinary but I still had main to go. Well at least they are consistent here, main was ordinary too. The food was Thai style and some of the wait staff are genuine Thai - khawp-khun. They must laugh at us for what we think Thai food is like. I spent a few weeks touring all over Thailand and islands. The genuine Thai food served in Thailand is delicious, spicy and exciting. If you are a McDonalds fan you’ll love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment